Excited to announce that the FutureBook Innovation awards are now open. Launched 3 years ago, the awards were the first of their kind to recognise publishing innovation.
The aim of the awards is to highlight and recognise individuals and companies who are driving the digital transformation of our industry. To celebrate innovation and showcase the latest thinking from all corners of the world.
All award winners will gain global exposure through The Bookseller, FutureBook and other media. Plus the shortlist will be announced at Frankfurt Book Fair in October. You will also be presented with your award at the FutureBook conference on 21st November in front of over 600 industry leaders.
With many thanks to Kobo for sponsoring the awards and Frankfurt Book Fair and ePubDirect for sponsoring individual awards.
The awards categories are:-
- Best children's digital book
- Best adult digital book
- Best reference digital book
- Best technology innovation - sponsored by ePubDirect
- Best digital marketing campaign
- Best publisher website
- Best start-up
- Most inspiring digital publishing person - sponsored by Frankfurt Book Fair
The deadline to enter is the 20th September. Find out how to enter here. (Free to enter)
About the conference:
FutureBook Conference will take place on Thursday 21st November, it is the biggest publishing conference in Europe. A full-day, two-stream event, with key speakers who are shaping the future of the book business. We have recently announced a call for papers, so do please get involved.
Recent blog posts
- Douglas Preston: On Amazon, Hachette, and Indie Authors
- Altbookstores for different readers
- Publishers must make a decision over subscription services
- #FutureChat recap: A busy workout in the subscription debate
- #FutureChat: Can subscriptions pay off for all kinds of books?
- BISG study: A buffet of digital book subscriptions
- The debutant's dilemma
- BitLit announces HarperCollins ebook bundling pilot programme
- #FutureChat recap: How can we ease the summer's debate?
- 10 questions about subscriptions with Andrew Savikas from Safari
- Tone vs Substance
1 hour 38 min ago
3 hours 45 min ago
4 hours 3 min ago
- Preston & Amazon
4 hours 15 min ago
4 hours 31 min ago
4 hours 34 min ago
- Removing authors from the firing line
4 hours 36 min ago
- Genuine attempt?
4 hours 40 min ago
6 hours 53 min ago
- "We're Not Taking Sides"
22 hours 3 min ago
Tweets from @thefuturebook
TheFutureBook Lively commentary at our pre-#FutureChat Douglas Preston interview: @DavidGaughran @BarryEisler @PhilipDSJones t.co/Ula4APFYpN
TheFutureBook RT @Porter_Anderson: The #altbookstore group has its 2nd day, the dropcam here: t.co/cNYdoizF0w to start at 10aET t.co/IF9k1h…
TheFutureBook "Little bit betrayed": Douglas Preston on #Authors Unlimited & #AmazonHachette: t.co/Bh7LSN3xZm @TheBookseller #FutureChat Friday