Excited to announce that the FutureBook Innovation awards are now open. Launched 3 years ago, the awards were the first of their kind to recognise publishing innovation.
The aim of the awards is to highlight and recognise individuals and companies who are driving the digital transformation of our industry. To celebrate innovation and showcase the latest thinking from all corners of the world.
All award winners will gain global exposure through The Bookseller, FutureBook and other media. Plus the shortlist will be announced at Frankfurt Book Fair in October. You will also be presented with your award at the FutureBook conference on 21st November in front of over 600 industry leaders.
With many thanks to Kobo for sponsoring the awards and Frankfurt Book Fair and ePubDirect for sponsoring individual awards.
The awards categories are:-
- Best children's digital book
- Best adult digital book
- Best reference digital book
- Best technology innovation - sponsored by ePubDirect
- Best digital marketing campaign
- Best publisher website
- Best start-up
- Most inspiring digital publishing person - sponsored by Frankfurt Book Fair
The deadline to enter is the 20th September. Find out how to enter here. (Free to enter)
About the conference:
FutureBook Conference will take place on Thursday 21st November, it is the biggest publishing conference in Europe. A full-day, two-stream event, with key speakers who are shaping the future of the book business. We have recently announced a call for papers, so do please get involved.
Recent blog posts
- Changing the DNA of the reader
- Starting to Accept the Neighbours – @Tom_Chalmers
- Innovation is in the blood
- My Independent Bookshop: a new chapter in book recommendation
- The end of the beginning
- A vision of a hybrid bookstore
- Riding the Rift
- We need to talk about start-ups
- Advocates of the book - stand up
- The e-book journey into China
- What exactly are those interesting questions?
2 weeks 6 days ago
- Dead books walking
8 weeks 7 hours ago
- Why Segregate?
10 weeks 5 days ago
- Big idea: build a new ecosystem - An alternative idea
12 weeks 4 days ago
- finding editors
13 weeks 6 days ago
- Predatory Publishers
19 weeks 54 min ago
- Hybird Authors
22 weeks 17 min ago
23 weeks 1 hour ago
- Still not a plateau
23 weeks 2 hours ago
- Fascinating article
24 weeks 4 days ago
Tweets from @thefuturebook
TheFutureBook RT @CathyReadsBooks: Great subject for next @thebookseller essay comp. Changing the DNA of the reader | FutureBook t.co/5SL4JACuCi v…
TheFutureBook RT @michaelbhaskar: Next in the @thebookseller Essay series announced: t.co/B2E2B4ispy On reading. Entries to @philipdsjones by 23rd…
TheFutureBook MT @tomroper to @RichardMollet CILIP is not 'UK off-shoot' of EBLIDA. 'There is nothing wrong with wanting to provide patrons with e-books'