I don't understand Waterstones ebook pricing strategy, I really don't.
They've just put up the prices on quite a few bestsellers to £15.85.
Does Waterstones really think anyone is going to pay them nearly £16 for the ebook version of Lee Child's "The Affair", when you can get the hardback from Waterstones itself for £9.49, or the same ebook for £8.49 from Apple, Google or Kobo; or the Kindle version for £6.79?
It's the same story but even worse with Gary Neville's autobiography, Red - £15.86 from Waterstones, against £4.99 from Amazon, Apple, Google and Kobo.
What extra quality can they possibly be adding to justify charging 3 times as much?
Ebook prices change very frequently so these examples may all have changed by the time you read this, but the current prices can be found at :
Recent blog posts
- This other country
- Crowdsorcery: #FutureChat recap
- Crowds and empowerment
- 'The crowd' and innovation - a small publishing Advance
- The Bookseller Children's Conference: #PorterMeets Voxburner's Luke Mitchell
- Publishing's whirli-dig
- Independent Author Previews and a "tide turning": #FutureChat recap
- Can we float more indie boats?
- Measure for measure: the Digital Census since 2009
- A chuffed market's Children's Conference: #PorterMeets Charlotte Eyre
- In 2013, e-books accounted
6 days 21 hours ago
- Thanks Deborah for your
1 week 23 hours ago
- ISBNs in the aggregate refer to titles
3 weeks 1 day ago
- A question about ISBNs
3 weeks 2 days ago
- Not impressed by a data collection argument
3 weeks 6 days ago
- Understanding the reality of bookstore inventories
4 weeks 19 hours ago
- Thanks for the input
7 weeks 2 days ago
- In this case, compliance is expensive
7 weeks 2 days ago
- I totally agree with JA Konrath's 12 points
7 weeks 6 days ago
- Tone vs Substance
8 weeks 5 days ago
Tweets from @thefuturebook
TheFutureBook New from us: @PhilipDSJones: The call for #children's "apps that suit both sides of this debate." t.co/Y9Qnn99Phb @TheBookseller
TheFutureBook In our crowdsourced #FutureChat recap: @saramoohead @MirabilisDave @gluejar and many more: t.co/QK00jhHv4b @TheBookseller
TheFutureBook Thanks to our #FutureChat "crowd" for today's convo on crowdsourcing / funding. Recap ahead. t.co/OYct7lai4E @TheBookseller